If you are looking for a quick and easy meal to serve to your family or guests for Easter or any Sunday Brunch, then this easy, breezy simple Shrimp Salad should fit the bill.
I purchased a 2 lb package of frozen shrimp which was thawed in the refrigerator overnight. You can either steam the shrimp in a Double Boiler or place them in a pan with 1/4 cup of water to cook until they are pink in color. Allow the shrimp to cool then remove the shells, and veins and cut into thirds.
- 2 lbs of fresh or frozen shrimp – deveined and tails off
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayo
- 1 tsp of Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp of fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp of fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup red onion – diced
- springs of fresh dill (optional)
- Lettuce leaves
- Place the shrimp in a bowl
- add 1/4 cup of mayonnaise or more if you like a creamier salad,
- add a teaspoon of Dijon Mustard
- mix in the 1/4 cup diced red onion and the juice of the lemon and lime.
- Lightly stir to mix all the ingredients together then cover and place in the refrigerator for an hour to chill.
To serve you can either scoop some of the Shrimp Salad onto individual lettuce leaves or onto toasted Italian bread slices garnished with Dill.
This simple Shrimp Salad is also perfect for a light lunch or as a quick and easy mid-week meal.
This recipe first appeared on my other blog, DeDivahDeals.