Disclosure: As a member of the Jennie-O Switch Circle, I am provided products to review throughout the year. All opinions are 100% my own.
The holidays were great but I must admit that I ate way too much, but hey, that is part of the fun of the holidays right?
Now it’s time to get back into the routine of not only eating healthier but scheduling my Sundays to include the live Podcasts, Social Media Sunday with the Delaware Blogger, on AAUTeenTalkRadio every Sunday at 6 PM EST.
During the colder winter months, I love cooking on Sundays because it reminds me of the movie “Soul Food”. I usually start dinner after church to ensure hubby and my son can start eating before the end of the Podcast in case it runs longer than an hour.
A few weeks ago we had our first major snow storm so it seemed fitting to make a big pot of Chili, but instead of cooking it on top of the stove, I decided to slow cook it in the Crock Pot.
As a member of the #SwitchCircle with Jennie-O, I received my first product delivery of the year, which was perfect timing for getting back to the resolution of healthy eating and returning to a routine.
- 1 lb of Jennie-O of Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 15.5 oz can of Black Beans (undrained)
- 1 15.5 oz can of White Kidney Beans (undrained)
- ½ cup onions – diced
- 1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 2-3 teaspoons of Cumin
- 1 teaspoon of Sugar
- Chili Powder or Cayenne Pepper to taste (optional)
- In a large skillet, cook ground turkey until no longer pink
- Dice onion then add to the turkey and cook for an additional five minutes
- In a 3-6-quart slow cooker, combine all ingredient, mix well
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Stir well before serving over rice or with cornbread