Disclosure: As a member of the Jennie-O Switch Circle, I receive products throughout the year in exchange for honest reviews. All opinions are 100% my own.
Happy 1st day of Autumn, I hope you have smoothly transitioned back into the back to school routine. Whether you have kids or grandkids in school or college or if you are just back on the road with the school buses, I hope all is well.
As I write this post, you would have thought it was mid-October and not the end of the summer because of the cooler weather. However, the one thing that I did miss during the warmer, longer days of summer were the heart healthy meals that I prepare in the Crock Pot in the fall.
Thanks to Jennie-O, who in my opinion has some amazing products including Turkey Burgers and Turkey Tenderloins and of course this lean Smoked Turkey Kielbasa (sausage) which is perfect for the slow cooker.
Whether you soak your beans overnight or just rinse and drop them into a Crock Pot with a container of Vegetable Broth and a diced onion and garlic, this is definitely a satisfying meal for the entire family.
- Bag of Dried Beans (soaked overnight if you want to cook them in less time)
- Package of Jennie-O Smoked Turkey Kielbasa Sausage, diced and added to the Crock Pot an hour before beans are done
- Medium onion – diced
- 1 Clove of Garlic – diced
- Container of Vegetable Broth
- Pour bag of beans into a bowl, cover with cold water and soak overnight
- Rinse and drain beans then put them into a slow cooker.
- Add entire container of Vegetable Broth.
- Dice onion and clove of garlic then add to the beans and broth.
- Cover and cook in slow cooker on high for 4 to 6 hours.
- Slice Smoked Turkey Kielbasa Sausage into round pieces then add to Crock Pot an hour before beans are done.
Serve with Cornbread or Italian Bread and a little hot sauce!
Let’s Chat: What is your favorite slow cooked meal?