Wow, can you believe this is the first weekend of Autumn and that there are only a few more months before the end of 2019? Many of us are thinking about getting or staying healthy and stress free especially as we head into 2020.
I wanted to share these 5 tips for being healthy and stress free and ask that you leave a few tips of your own in the comment section below.
- Breathe deeply for a minute. Pay attention to your breath moving in and out. Don’t try to control your breathing or thoughts and if at all possible try to work in deep breathing exercises a few times per day especially before heading to bed.
- Write it out. Take five minutes to write down your thoughts or feelings of gratitude as well as anything that may be upsetting to you.
Your mind may focus on negative or worrisome topics when it’s time to go to bed, but the practice of writing out gratitude in a journal can shift it from worry to ease. Start by breathing deeply, then think about and reflect on one good thing that happened or came your way that day and write in down. Finding the beauty in every day can make us feel grateful and happy!
- Take a mental vacation. When you’re feeling stressed take five minutes to visualize a perfect vacation. Imagine a peaceful getaway, such as spending time on a beach or in a forest. Take your time with life, fast paced lives are often stressful, so slow down and take time to relax and take a mental vacation.
- Don’t Act Your Age. Do something that you are “too old to do”; play on a playground, watch cartoons or get a Popsicle from the ice cream truck – you are only as old as you feel! Stop “adulting” for just a little while and enjoy the stress free life of a child and don’t forget to laugh!
- Eat, Drink and Be Merry. Maintaining a healthy body weight will lower your risk for many diseases, help you feel better and give you more energy. Drink lots of water, eat less sugar, drink less caffeine and eat your fruits and veggies! Remember eat to live not live to eat!
Let’s Chat > What are your tips for being healthy and stress free?