Hello friends, and Happy Fri-Yay, I hope you all had a wonderful week.
Today’s Friday Foodie Feature is a Slow Cooked Leg of Lamb purchased from Aldi and prepared for Easter dinner.
- Leg of Lamb – purchased frozen and thawed overnight in the refrigerator
- 1 jar Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce
- 8-10 Sweet Peppers – washed and sliced
- 4 – Celery Sticks, washed and diced
- 2 – Scallions, washed and diced
- 1/2 Bag Baby Carrots, washed and whole
- Sylvia’s Secret Seasoning
- Cooking Spray
- Remove Leg of Lamb from plastic wrap and remove binding string.
- Coat inside of Crock Pot with Cooking Spray and put in the Leg of Lamb.
- Pour in 1/2 Jar of Tikka Masala Sauce
- Sprinkle on Seasoning
- Cover and Cook on High for 4 hours
- After 4 hours, carefully remove lid and add vegetables and remaining Tikka Masala Sauce.
- Re-cover and cook for an additional 2 hours
Clean and wrap Sweet Potatoes in aluminum foil and place in 350 degree preheated oven and cook until soft.
Remove potatoes from oven, carefully remove Sweet Potatoes and place in a oven safe bowl and mash. Place back into oven for an additional 15 minutes.
Leg of Lamb is done when it can be shredded with a fork.
You can serve over cooked rice but I served with Mashed Sweet Potatoes and there were no leftovers for this family of four.
What is your favorite way to cook lamb?
2 thoughts on “Slow Cooked Leg of Lamb”
OOH. Never thought of doing a leg of lamb in the slow cooker but our gas is off right now from a leak that was detected in March. My partner is not a lamb fan but I may have to make one for myself and just freeze the extra!
Ohmyword! That looks delicious! Now I’m hungry! 😉