Yes, in less than 6 days, Le Dîner en Blanc Wilmington will be back!
You may recall last year when hubby and I missed the bus and missed out on attending the first Le Dîner en Blanc Wilmington, well…that’s not going to happen this year because I am on the media team so I will definitely be in attendance!
If you don’t know anything about Le Diner en Blanc, continue reading below:
About Le Dîner en Blanc
Launched in Paris in 1988, the original essence of Le Dîner en Blanc remains: friendship, elegance and gallantry. Now, more than 130,000 revelers around the world give this international event an exciting platform for participants to exhibit their fashion sense, showcase their fine taste for design and elegance and share their gastronomic delights.
To maintain the uniqueness of Le Dîner en Blanc as well as staying true to tradition, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white!
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure locations and are escorted by a Le Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
- GUESTS MUST BRING
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware. (A catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up at the site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Le Dîner en Blanc’s e-store.)
- Champagne and/or wine. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited. (Guests wishing to enjoy some wine or Champagne, may reserve online through Le Dîner en Blanc’s e-store or are welcome to bring their own champagne or wine.)
Le Dîner en Blanc returns to Wilmington, on September 14, 2019. More than 2,000 revelers are awaiting a new and secret location. Last year’s inaugural très chic picnic attracted over 1,100 cultural enthusiasts for a memorable evening at the Tubman-Garrett Riverfront Park.
This annual secret affair, promises another unforgettable evening of elegance, beauty and magic, as it takes over an undisclosed public space whose location is only revealed minutes prior to the commencement of the event. “If you were at the event last year, you know to circle this date! This event allows us to enjoy of some of our most prestigious and iconic public spaces of the city with elegance and flair”, says Michael Flagg, returning cohost of Le Dîner en Blanc – Wilmington. “For this new edition, we have once again searched the city high and low to find a venue that will ‘wow’ and render this night unique and magical, as well as welcome more guests.”
In June 2018, Le Dîner en Blanc de Paris marked its 30th anniversary. A record 17,000 guests from Paris and around the world gathered at the Esplanade des Invalides to celebrate this historic moment. Launched in Paris in 1988 by François Pasquier and a handful of friends, Le Dîner en Blanc has become a worldwide epicurean phenomenon. What was a “friends and word-of-mouth only” event has grown into an international sensation celebrated on six continents.
While the technology behind the event may have changed over the years, the principles fueling this fantastic event have not: guests continue to gather at a secret location for the sole purpose of sharing a gourmet meal with good friends in one of their city’s most beautiful public spaces. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Montreal, Canada, Dîner en Blanc International is responsible for developing this secret posh picnic in over 90 cities in 30 countries around the world.
Each event is headed by passionate local organizers who fell in love with the concept and wanted to bring it to their city, giving this rendezvous a local flair. For more info, photos and videos of Dîner en Blanc events from around the world, visit dinerenblanc.com.
Let’s Chat > Did you attend last year’s
Le Dîner en Blanc Wilmington, if so, leave a comment and share your story with others.
3 thoughts on “Le Dîner en Blanc Wilmington is Back”
Sounds like an amazing event! Fabulous photos, BTW.
Thank you, last night was the event and it was even more beautiful and fun than I could have ever imagined!