Hello friends I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and/or are enjoying a Happy Kwanzaa!
Can you believe that we are entering the year 2022?
I was talking to a few friends a week ago and we each thought about an episode of the Twilight Zone where they referenced the year 2020, and here we are two years past it!
Speaking of Twilight Zone, if you know me, then you know how I will be spending my New Year’s Eve and Day – watching the marathon on Decades TV, and if you are interested, here is a schedule if you too plan on watching as well.
The year 2021 was one of major changes, politics and COVID concerns aside, I do thank God/Allah that we made it through!
Along with each new year there is something that never changes and that is in making resolutions or setting goals. Personally, I haven’t made a resolution is over 25 years, however, I do set goals which I find to be much easier in staying focused and on track. Rather than setting resolutions for the entire year which we tend to forget and fail at, setting goals are much more manageable and achievable.
The definition of a Resolution is “a firm decision to do or not to do something” – which is why I personally prefer setting goals
5 Top Goals for the New Year:
- Eat Cleaner – less meat and more veggies : I don’t subscribe to Plant Based; vegan/vegetarian diet but I will be adding more fresh vegetables into my daily diet and staying away from the sugary sweets because of my Type 2 Diabetes diagnosis.
- Get more uninterrupted sleep – I will head to bed at a decent hour and try not to stay up late watching late night TV shows such as “Perry Mason”.
- Read more books and less online posts – I didn’t achieve this in 2021, but I did publish my own paperback book Basic Blogging Tips for Beginners.
- Reach out and talk to family and friends more – I started this last year and will continue to do so this year. Life is too short and tomorrow is not promised.
- Listen to more music and positive podcasts and watch less local news and television – no explanation needed, however, I think that if we include more positive messages into our daily lives it would keep us healthier both mentally, psychologically and physically – this was last year’s goal and continues to be in the new year!
2 thoughts on “Set Goals NOT Resolutions in 2022”
No resolutions for me, but I do have a few goals. The main one . . . eat less and have more Fun.
I am wishing you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR sis!!!!