On Sunday, June 7, 2020 from 2 PM to 6 PM there will be a peaceful march and gathering for equality in Middletown.
A Call to Action in Middletown
The topics of discussion will include:
- Unfair Treatment of Black and Brown people in America
- Holding those that ignore human rights no matter of race accountable
- Voters registration must change people in office and law.
- Your Vote and Voice Matters
- Education yourself on issues outside your front door
- Have the uncomfortable conversations
- Educate children that on the inside we are all the same!!
- See heart over color!
- Lives matter but Black Lives need to matter as well.
The focus is on Systemic Racism in America and Equity. So after the March, What’s Next? Where do we go from here? When the media attention is on something else where do we go from here!!
Time to Stand up, Step Up, Speak Up!! Time for Change!!
We are asking for support our Peace Gathering! Strength is in numbers and we need to stand so that our community and elected officials see that Enough is Enough no more name to be shouted George Floyd and many others is enough!!
As parents when we send our children out of the house, it is our prayer they make it back home. There will be several special guest speakers including:
Members of the Divine 9 – Sororities and Fraternities
School Board Members
New Castle County Council members
HBCU Presidents and many more
We will have onsite voter registration and a peaceful and positive march after guest speakers! We hope to see you there!
For more information or questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 302-285-9754
1 thought on “A Call to Action in Middletown”
Hope its a great turnout. We MUST do Better. This has gone on way too long and we are tired of “thoughts and prayers”!!