Sunday is my favorite day of the week because it gives me a chance to slow down, relax and have a nice brunch with hubby after Church.
Thanks to my partners over at Jennie-O, we received two types of Turkey Sausage in addition to an Oven Ready Turkey. Can you say, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Using the recipe from their website, I made the Turkey Sausage & Cheese in Crescent Rolls for brunch, however, I used shredded Pepper Jack cheese instead of the recommended Gruyere cheese.
- 6 ounces JENNIE-O® All Natural* Turkey Sausage
- 1 cup shredded cheese – I used Pepper Jack
- 2 (8-ounce) refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 egg, lightly beaten or ¼ cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons Poppy Seeds
- Cook turkey sausage as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer. Let stand 10 minutes. In medium bowl, combine sausage and cheese.
- Separate dough into 8 triangles.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon sausage mixture onto each triangle. Roll up loosely as directed on package. Place on cookie sheet.
- In small bowl, whisk together egg and water. Brush egg mixture over crescents. Sprinkle with Poppy Seeds.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until golden brown.
Served with fresh strawberries and a Smoothie.
Let’s Chat > What is your favorite brunch food?
Disclosure: Affiliate links are included in this post and if you click and make a purchase, I may make a small commission, however, it will not affect your cost.