Today’s post is Part 2 of 3 of which I spoke about on my Blog Your Way to a Business Profit Podcast.
If you didn’t have an opportunity to listen to the show or wish to hear it again, please click the link below and don’t forget to leave a review and share it with a friend.
The most frustrating thing about blogging may be getting eyeballs on your posts which is why I wanted to provide as many tips, tricks and hacks that will help you do so.
When you are first starting out, the traffic to your site is going to be small but as you grow so will your audience and readers. So I hope that these 10 traffic hacks will help you on your journey.
10 Traffic Hacks Part 2
- Start an email list – when you first start a blog you don’t have to wait to build an email list. Make sure that you not only have a subscribe button on your page, but as a CTA, you are asking people to subscribe because this is going to be the best way in which to drive more traffic to your blog. You might want to run a contest or a giveaway and one of the entry requirements would be to leave their email address in exchange.
- Send emails to your subscribers – once you have started building that list make sure to send emails to your subscribers. Send the links to your new posts but not just in an email, since you don’t want to spam them; you can create a weekly or monthly newsletter on Mail Chimp, MadMimi or Mailerlite.
- Lists are Lovely – People love reading topics and titles that contain lists – Top 10, Top 20, Top 100 of whatever your blog niche is about. Oh, and if you create a list of the top 10 or 20 bloggers, make sure you link back to them for more shares from not only them but from their readers as well.
- Guest Posts – Share the love by allowing others to write guest posts for you blog. Not only will it show that you are caring by sharing, but you are also providing an opportunity for others to share your blog with their readers and followers.
- Raffle Roundups – when you collaborate with and share other blogger’s sites you are expanding your reach, if there are holiday posts or special content that you share, why not include other bloggers who are writing the same content. Even better is a Raffle Roundup or Giveaway where several bloggers get together and each donate a particular amount sometimes as low at $5. In the Raffle Roundup each entry requires an email address or subscription to your blog.
- Blog More Often – Many new bloggers make the mistake of not blogging enough, some even skip week after week! The more content that you have the more content you can share and this will help to build more traffic and to bring more people to your blog. You will have a lot more content to share on social media whether you are re-purposing it for a podcast or for social shares on your various platforms.
- Active on Forums and in Groups – you not only want to join blogging communities on social media but you also want to be active and it’s not just by dropping the link to your latest post. You want to participate in Q&As and FAQs. Share your knowledge or ask questions that will help you be an active member in the groups and forums. You may even want to create your own community on Facebook or pin more on Pinterest. Remember, don’t just drop your link and run, share, read other blogger’s posts and leave a comment on the Facebook feed otherwise you may be banned.
- Curate your own content – you can curate your own content as an article on LinkedIn or on sites such as Medium. This will not only help to increase your SEO, it will also make you an expert in your field or industry.
- Backlink – backlinking previous posts in new posts gives it renewed interest again. This can definitely drive more traffic from readers who may have missed your previous posts and it keeps visitors on your site longer. You can also go back to previous posts and leave the link to a current if applicable.
- Syndicate and Automate – using tools such as Buffer, Hootsuite, MeetEdgar and PromoRepublic are all tools that will have to keep your posts in the social media loop. Make sure to change up the keywords in the introductory paragraphs when you are adding to the calendars. Republishing your content is the best ways in which to stay relevant and active in the blogosphere.
Next week, I will provide the last 10 Traffic Hacks to help drive traffic to your blog and if you have any to add, make sure to leave me a comment.
Subscribe to the Blog Your Way to a Business Profit so that you won’t miss any of the upcoming episodes.