“Successful Social Media Marketing isn’t how many fans and followers your company can get, it’s how many it can actually keep!”
Listen to my Anchor Podcast on this topic
Most business owners understand that they can’t afford to ignore social media marketing, but how to gain and keep followers can be frustrating.
“Social media users thrive on meaningful online relationships”
FRIENDS DON’T LET FRIENDS BUY FOLLOWERS!
When marketing on social media, it is important to have 2-way conversation with your fans, respond and check in with your followers. You want your customers to share content with their circle of family and friend, so always provide them with content that is really useful to them and they will share it as well.
“Content is King BUT Let Your Customers Wear the Crown”
When posting content, use social media to answer questions from customers around the world not just in your local communities or state. Remember to use the 80/20 rule; eighty percent of the content a business shares should not be solely about its products or services, but should be the customers’ interests.
20 Social Media Content Tips To Keep Your Fans Engaged
- Entertain yet educate your audience with industry news
- Ask open-ended questions
- Create polls
- Post “Caption This Pic” photos
- Create Behind-The-Scenes or DIY videos
- Work with bloggers for Product Reviews
- Host online parties and provide giveaways, discounts, or coupons
- Share funny videos from YouTube
- Invest in videos or Rich Media (GIFS/Meme)
- Do live broadcasts
- Use hashtags for more engagement and to expand your audience
- Talk with your customers, not at them
- Claim your business, create a Google+ Page and Google My Business then post on them
- Ask for reviews and testimonials then turn them into memes
- Follow other businesses and share their content
- Give shout-outs to clients and customers
- Post interesting “little known facts”
- Ask Trivia questions or post “Wayback Wednesday” or “Throwback Thursday” pics
- Posts about holidays and other community events
- Get creative with your posts using Canva, GetStencil or Smartmockups
For more tips on how to market and grow your business using Social Media, please send an email to email@example.com