I am on the road 3 hours per day, commuting back and forth to work and there is always a traffic jam in the evening causing delays and backups. I often wonder what it would be like to have this much traffic on my blog or hitting my other social media platforms every day.
Social media networking allows you to reach more people because it’s social, it provides a bigger audience and hopefully drives more traffic to your blog but until people know which road to take you are not likely to get a lot of traffic.
Social Media networking makes it easier to connect with people, it reaches more people through a chain reaction. An increase in traffic will generate leads and attract you to advertisers. There are unique ways in which to reach people depending on the social media platform. In this post I will be covering Facebook and Twitter, next week I will discuss Instagram and LinkedIn.
“People want to connect online, it is where they go to share…congratulate and commiserate…it’s the new white picket fence”
5 Way to Drive Traffic To Your Blog Using Facebook:
Connecting on Facebook is like hanging out with the friends you had in High School and college, close family members and associates. It’s where you go to share tips, pics and general information, it is also where you promote your blog posts asking these friends and family members to not only read them but to Like, comment and ultimately share them with their circles.
- Create a Facebook Fan page for your blog which will consist of more posting of not only your blog but other content within your niche. Create this page so that you will not alienate or bombard your family, friends, and associates with daily blog postings on your personal page.
- Use large images in posts and don’t forget to add the link to the full blog article in the text. Use a gif for more creativity.
- Use insights to see when most of your fans are online, then post accordingly to reach the highest audience during those times.
- Use short, witty introductions to the post, remember that a lot of your fans are using Facebook on mobile, too so make your blog updates a short, clear and an intriguing teaser for your blog article.
- Use questions to generate actions from your Fans. Make the questions open-ended, short and intriguing. Keep your readership in mind, and always keep your question related back to your blog article with the link.
5 Ways to Drive Traffic To Your Blog Using Twitter
- When promoting your blog post on Twitter make sure you use images in your tweets. Your content is more likely to be read because tweets with images get 2x more engagement than those without.
- Post URL to your blog post several times during the day to ensure it is seen by a wider audience, remember, not everyone is on social media at the same time. However, in doing so, change up the wording and use different photos, images, gifs or memes.
- Tease your followers – When tweeting links, don’t give away too much information about the content and ask open-ended questions.
- Use hashtags related to the subjects of your blog posts so users searching for your content on Twitter can find your tweets.
- Ask for a RT (retweet) and don’t use all of your 280-character limit so that others can add comments when retweeting to their followers.
Drive Traffic to Your Blog Using Facebook and Twitter.
Driving traffic to your blog using Facebook and Twitter will help you become a successful blogger and this is the type of traffic that you don’t mind sitting in!
Let’s Chat: How are you using social media to drive traffic to your blog or website?
To learn more about my blogging services, please head over to ABlakeEnterprises.