Today’s Friday Foodie Feature is a simple Egg Salad Sandwich which is great if you happen to boil too many eggs for the kid’s Easter Egg Hunt.
I like my Egg Salad to be just a little sweet which is why Pickled Relish and Honey Mustard works well and the diced red peppers give it a nice little crunch.
- 6 hard boiled eggs, chilled and peeled
- 1/4 cup low-cal mayonnaise
- 1 tbs Honey Mustard
- 3 tbs Sweet Relish
- 1/3 cup finely diced Red Pepper
- 1/4 cup finely sliced scallions
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Bread or roll and spinach or lettuce leaves for serving
I will be the first to admit that I have never been one to boil an egg perfectly, which makes it harder to peel. I’ve even left small pieces of the shell in the salad which is why using the red pepper will hide the crunch – just kidding.
However, if you are anything like me when it comes to perfectly boiling and peeling an egg then click this link to learn how.
- Mash eggs, then add mayonnaise, relish, diced red peppers, mustard and scallions in a medium bowl.
- Use a wire whisk or potato masher to thoroughly mix ingredients to desired consistency.
- Add optional seasoning of salt and pepper.Serve with spinach or lettuce leaves and on bread or roll of your choice.
- Store any leftover Egg Salad in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Are there any special ingredients that you like to add to your
Egg or Tuna Salad?