Hello friends, I trust you all had a great week and are now ready to sit back and relax with a little self care Saturday or family and friends fun time on Sunday. During the weekends I have been trying new recipes because I am getting bored with making the same thing week after week.
One of my weekly staple purchases is Ground Turkey which I have used for Chili, Spaghetti and of course Meatloaf, but last weekend, I didn’t want to make any of them. I also have a basket in my pantry that contains various Seasoning packets that I have purchased from Walmart and Food Lion, so for this recipe I chose the Sloppy Joe seasoning, however, I didn’t have any buns but I did have a canister of biscuit dough!
For this yummy Sloppy Joe Biscuit Bake I used the following ingredients.
- 1 lb of Ground Turkey – Browned
- 1 Medium Onion – chopped
- 1 – Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 – Can Tomato Paste
- 1 – Package Sloppy Joe Seasoning
- 1 – Can Biscuit Dough
- 1 – Package Shredded Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Brown the Ground Turkey in a heated pan or skillet, dice the onions and add to the browned ground turkey.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste and then sprinkle in Sloppy Joe Seasoning and stir to mix thoroughly.
- Turn off heat and carefully pour ground turkey mixture into a glass pan use a spatula to spread to cover entire pan.
- Open canister of Biscuits and remove dough then cut into fourths.
- Place pieces of biscuit dough over turkey mixture.
- Sprinkle cheese and place in preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes or until dough is browned.
- Carefully remove from oven and serve.
You know me, I always have to sprinkle a little heat on and so I tried this Scotch Bonnet Hot Sauce and I loved it!