This is my favorite time of the year, not because of the holidays but because of the Crock Pot meals, and with snow in the forecast for tomorrow, today is a perfect day to make this Slow Cooked Beans and Collard Greens dish.
When I worked a 9-5, the Crock Pot was always in rotation as it’s the perfect time saver and I loved coming home to the smell of a fully cooked meal.
I still use the Crock Pot as a time saver, but the smell of a meal cooking while working from home is so much better! 🤗
The first Crock Pot meal of the season is Slow Cooked Beans and Collard Greens with a Smoked Turkey Leg 🍗
1 – Bag Mixed Beans
1 – Package Pre-Cut Collard Greens
1 – Container Beef Broth
1 – Medium Onion
1 – Clove Garlic
Sylvia’s Greens Seasoning
I added some sliced tomatoes that were in the frig, you can also add carrots.
- Rinse Collard Greens in cool water and remove any stems.
- Rinse Beans in cool water
- Dice onions and Garlic Clove
- Put greens and beans into Crock Pot, top with onions and garlic
- Pour in Chicken Broth and sprinkle in a little of Sylvia’s Greens Seasoning
- Cover and set to High and cook for 4 hours
- Remove lid carefully, stir then add Smoked Turkey Leg 🍗
- Cover and cook for an additional 2 hours
- Serve with warm Corn Bread
Let’s Chat > Have you made any meals in the Crock Pot yet this season?