Last month I decided to buy an AirFryer as I had gotten rid of our Deep Fryer before moving from Middletown to Smyrna. Every year it’s been a tradition to fry chicken wings on New Year’s Eve along with cooking Black Eyed Peas and Collard Greens but I wanted to try something a little bit different; and let me say this was really different and very good.
I had gone shopping at Bed Bath & Beyond with my sister and son before Thanksgiving to purchase the Emeril Lagasse Power AirFryer 360 and I love it. I am creating and cooking new recipes so hopefully each week on Foodie Friday I’ll have a recipe to share, starting with this Stuffed Peppers AirFryer style.
- 3 Bell Peppers
- 1 pound of Ground Turkey – cooked
- 1 Jar Marinara Sauce
- 1 Cup of Brown Rice
- 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- Cooking Spray
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Pepper (optional)
- Wash peppers, cut off tops, remove seeds and set aside
- Brown Ground Turkey in a heated pan with Olive Oil
- Cook Rice according to instructions
- Stir cooked rice and Panko in with the Ground Turkey
- Pour in Marinara Sauce and stir to mix thoroughly
- Spoon mixture into Peppers
- Top with Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Spray outside of Peppers with Cooking Spray
- Set to AirFry settings and cook for 18 minutes
Cook ground turkey in a little olive oil and prepare rice according to package. I used Brown Boil-In-The-Bag Rice which is a staple in my pantry.
Add rice and jar of Marinara Sauce to Ground Turkey and mix thorougly.
Spoon mixture into each pepper and top with Mozzarella Cheese. Spray the outside of each pepper and place on AirFryer Basket and cook for approximately 18 minutes.
I added a bit more of the Shredded Mozzarella Cheese after the Peppers cooked and because I like my food a little spicy I dipped my peppers in Polynesian Wingman Sauce
Let’s Chat > What is your favorite way to cook peppers?
7 thoughts on “Stuffed Peppers AirFryer Style”
They look absolutely divine!! Great minds must think alike as I made mince stuffed peppers topped with eggs for the first time ever on Tuesday evening! Really filling and so many options with fillings so will be putting your recipe to the test and finally giving turkey mince a try!
Looking forward to your Foodie Friday posts for inspiration! That air fryer looks like an absolute beast! Sim x #TrafficJam
Yes, stuffed peppers are a classic and I love trying different ingredients with them. Thank you for stopping by to comment ?