If you watched either my Facebook Live or Instagram Video two Saturdays ago then you would have seen that I was making Oxtail Stew in the Crock Pot – Slow Cooker Saturday. However, if you missed them, here is the video that I uploaded to YouTube.
I had been wanting to make an Oxtail Stew for some time now but the cost was always prohibitive, however, when I saw them on sale at Shoprite I picked up 3 packs and threw them into the freezer.
With the end of the season and heading into the holidays I try to clear out my freezer so I decided to use the Oxtails along with a few packages of Mixed Pepper Strips and Steamfresh Veggies.
- 2-3 lbs of Oxtails
- 1 – 28 oz can of tomatoes (any style)
- 1/2 bag frozen mixed pepper strips
- 1 packages Steamfresh veggies with carrots, beans, corn, and asparagus
- 4 potatoes sliced
- 1 – 32 oz of Organic Chicken or Beef Broth
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- Grace Caribbean Traditions Oxtail Seasoning
- Place sliced potatoes into the Crockpot
- Add Oxtails
- Top with tomatoes, peppers and mixed veggies
- Sprinkle a few teaspoons of the Oxtail seasoning and brown sugar
- Pour in Organic Broth
- Top with Bay Leaves
- Cover and cook on slow for 10 hours or high for 5 hours
Tastes wonderful served over rice or with Cornbread.
This is another recipe if you want to brown the oxtails first
Let’s Chat: What is your favorite Fall Slow Cooked Meal?
DISCLAIMER: Most of you know that I dropped the entire pot of stew and ended up in the ER with 5 stitches on my pinky finger, however, since I had made Oxtail Stew in the past, I know how good it tastes. Unfortunately, I was unable to take a hero shot before the Crockpot dropped, so the picture in the promo is courtesy of the Food Network.