Yeah, it’s that time of the year to load our plates up with more fresh fruits, veggies, and herbs and that’s exactly what I did during the long Memorial Day weekend. Instead of making a Pasta or Potato Salad, instead, I chose to make a fresh tomato and mozzarella salad.
In the backyard, I have a mini garden that was overgrown with Mint, so I had to thin it out to make room for a fresh Basil plant that I purchased from Food Lion. There’s nothing better nor screams summer more than a fresh Tomato and Mozzarella Salad topped with a few basil leaves.
- 1 container of Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 package fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup torn Basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 teaspoons Balsamic vinegar
- Kosher or Sea Salt, to taste
- Cut the tomatoes in half and mozzarella into large cubes.
- Add basil leaves and drizzle w/ vinegar and olive oil.
- Stir lightly.
- Sprinkle with a little salt.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving with crostini
Let’s Discuss: what is your favorite summer salad.