A rainy Saturday is a perfect day for a homemade slow cooked soup, and so with a suggestion from my friend, Monet, I chose to prepare a Slow Cooked Chicken Tortilla Soup and it was delicious!
- 1 lb Chicken Breasts
- 1 Can diced tomatoes
- 1 Can Black Beans – Rinsed
- 1 Medium White Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 3 small Sweet Peppers – diced
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 (10 ounce) package Frozen Corn
- 1 tablespoon chopped Cilantro
- Tortilla Strips
- Avocado (optional)
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Hot Sauce (optional)
- Coat inside Crock Pot with Olive Oil (for easier clean up)
- Place chicken, tomatoes, beans, onion, garlic, and peppers into a slow cooker.
- Pour in chicken broth and season with Cumin, Turmeric, Kosher Salt.
- Stir in corn and cilantro.
- Cover, and cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high setting for 3 to 4 hours.
Top with Tortilla Strips and Sour Cream with a few dashes of hot sauce then garnish with Avocado slices.
Let’s Chat > What is your favorite homemade soup?